Saturday, November 8, 2008

No Perfection Here, Just a Willing Heart

Here's something that God's been teaching me that brings much freedom to my life:

I don't have to be perfect, I just have to be willing. The perfection that God the Father required was satisfied in His Son, Jesus. So I don't have to carry the burden for perfect theology, perfect faith, perfect behavior, perfect children, a perfect husband, perfect housekeeping, perfect _____. Through the power of the Holy Spirit working in me, God can mold me and change wrong beliefs I have about Him. I'm thankful that He uses weak, foolish, fearful and trembling people. I can sign up for that list, because I've seen the futility of my own flesh. Good news! God's not betting on my abilities to accomplish His work, but rather on His ability to work supernaturally through willing hearts. Throughout the history of the world He has worked through men and women who were neither wise, noble or mighty in and of themselves. His plan has always been to exlude all boasting in self because God wants us to recognize the all-surpassing beauty and all-suffiency of Jesus Christ. Mighty is the power of the cross! The pressue is off me. Christ carries my burden. His yoke is easy and His burden is light. Willingness is all He requires of me. The power is found in the cross. (1 Corinthians 1:18-2:5)

No comments: