Today I was giving Bill a haircut while Anna Kate was taking her morning nap. About half way through the clipper session we heard Joy herald, "Hi Anna Kate. You're awake." Hmmm....I love it when she wakes Anna Kate up before she's finishes her nap. I continued to finish the haircut because I figured Joy would be able to entertain AK for a few more minutes. We began to hear some off and on crying from AK, but chalked it up to Joy teasing her by walking in and out of her room. (This can usually send AK into tears.) I quickly finished up and headed into check on the girls. By this time Anna Kate was clearly becoming more and more upset. On my way in, our dear friend and ophthalmologist was calling on the phone but we figured we better check on AK before answering. (Dr. Gold couldn't have called at a more appropriate time.) This is what we found:
Joy was standing at AK's crib facing her little sister. Anna Kate's bangs were soaked, face was red, and her eyes were clearly irritated. Joy was holding two aerosol cans of Febreeze Air Freshener and Lysol Neutra Air. She had been spraying AK in the face with Febreeze!!!! Anna Kate smelled like country apple. I ranted for a minute while quickly undressing AK for a bath to wash out her eyes, skin, and hair. We called Dr. Gold back and asked if there was anything extra we needed to do. He said eyedrops might be appropriate, but that she would be okay. And she is, but once again we realize the high amount of supervision a 2 year old needs. The picture below seems rather fitting for the way AK looked as she endured her sister's entertainment. Joy vowed to never do it again. :)
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Chemicals of Mass (or Minor) Destruction
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Oh poor Anna Kate! Those two year olds are stinkers!
johnna, we need some more posts.
Post a Comment