Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Update on our family

Okay, so I'm finding some blogging motivation....

The girls are keeping me on my toes these days. Joy started going to Mother's Day Out twice a week in September and she seems to really be enjoying it. She doesn't take naps and just tells me, "It's daytime! It's not nighttime!" So, I put her on my bed, turn on the cartoons and I try to get a littel shuteye until I hear Anna Kate waking up from her nap. Some afternoons though, I make a strong latte and do something else while AK sleeps and Joy plays. Joy is in the process of getting potty trained. I usually put her in pull-up "panties" but I think she's getting the idea that it doesn't matter whether she pees in them or not, they are like a diaper. So I'm about to toss them to the side and let her just wet her real one to figure out its not so fun.

Anna Kate is crawling everywhere. She's even been standing on her own a little so I think she may be walking by her birthday which is fine with me. It will get her up off our dirty floor (we have a dog and no matter how much a scrub with a toothbrush, dirt remains).....I'm lying about using a toothbrush. Anna Kate is pretty independent. She wants to hold her bottle by herself and most of the time isn't that focused on drinking it until I lay her in her bed and give it to her (I know, I know, you are not supposed to do that, but oh well, it works for us right now and we will be done with bottles altogether in a matter of weeks). One of Anna Kate's favorite things is when Joy comes in to see her after her nap. The other day Joy told me, "Mama, let's go get Anna Kate out of her cage!" Anna Kate just squeals with delight.

On to the good stuff...my most favorite part of motherhood has recently occured. I've been reading Joy Bible stories and she is soaking them up like a sponge. She loves them! One of my greatest desires for my children is that they would hunger and thirst after God and love His Word. He is where abundant life is found and I want them to have nothing less than His best because I love them so much. It's amazing how a 2 year old can already begin to hide God's Word in her heart. We play out the stories and she loves Joshua and Jericho. We march around the living room and blow our pretend trumpets and pretend that walls come tumbling down. Ah! It's exhilerating! This afternoon I heard her singing, "The wise man built his house on the rock. Build your life on the Lord Jesus Christ." God is amazing and good and faithful and kind and loving and I want my girls to know HIM!!!! It ultimately has to be their choice, but I hope they can testify to the fact that Jesus (not religion) made a wonderful difference in the life of their mom and dad.

No comments: