I'm trying to positively channel some of my nervous energy into my blog. I'm so ready to just hear the results. I'm tired of all the campaigning, news, lies, etc....I guess you could say I'm tired of the POLITICS. I've been praying that the person elected President would be a man who fears the Lord and desires to govern by Biblical wisdom and truth. Many seem to be basing their vote on the economy....should we prostitute our values for our pocket book? Or, are our values dictated by our material abundance or lack thereof? History tells us that the economy cycles and the war will come to an end, but the choices we make (or ones made for us, i.e. Supreme Court) concerning the sanctity of human life, freedom of speech, freedom to worship could change our world completely for generations to come. To me, there are much bigger issues than the economy and the war. Someone said recently, "The Bible doesn't say a lot about the economy, but it does say a lot about the value of life, family, marriage...". So, I don't expect non-Christians to act in a Christian way, but Christians need to really take a good look at reasons behind the stand that they take. When one decides to follow Christ, they are saying that they will follow His ways and His desires and His Word....regardless of the cost!
Okay, so I've spent a lot of time thinking about how I live my life and what's really worth investing my time in. When I think about the potential negative changes that I'll experience during my life, I keep coming back to, "so how is my family going to make it?" One of my biggest fears is that I will be a Christian who shinks back and denies my faith as is warned in the Bible. What a reward lost in Heaven for those who do. I so desperately want to remain faithful. I want to hear the words from Christ, "Well done, my good and faithful servant". Notice it says "faithful servant" and not "perfect servant". But as I've spent time with the Lord seeking Him on how to remain faithful when it seems like the world around us is beginning to completely lose their fear of God, He's greatly encouraged me through scripture and also testimonies from saints who've gone before us and endured much persecution for their faith. Throughout history, persecution has always caused the worldwide Christian church to grow. Whew, the Bride of Christ may be about to enter a time of purification for the glory of God. But this is when life gets really exciting, it's no longer about just living the American Dream and trying to make more money and buy a bigger house and nice car, but the scales begin to fall from our eyes letting us see its about living and fighting for a Kingdom that will last forever. This life on earth is but a breath.
Here are a couple of scriptures that have spoken loudly to me today:
1 Corinthians 2:1-5 When I first came to you, dear brothers and sisters, I didn’t use lofty words and impressive wisdom to tell you God’s secret plan. For I decided that while I was with you I would forget everything except Jesus Christ, the one who was crucified. I came to you in weakness—timid and trembling. And my message and my preaching were very plain. Rather than using clever and persuasive speeches, I relied only on the power of the Holy Spirit. I did this so you would trust not in human wisdom but in the power of God.
Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes...
For any of you reading this who aren't 100% sure that you will spend eternity in Heaven when you die and want to make peace with God now, click here to find out how. You'll not only change your eternal destination, but you can begin to experience God's peace and life...He's the only One that truly satisfies the human heart. Satan is the one who comes to steal, kill and destroy, but it is Jesus Christ who came to give us abundant life. Receive His free gift of salvation today!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Awaiting Election Results
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment