Friday, October 2, 2009

What we've been up to...

Ok friends, this is my semi-annual update:

With Aggie football season in full swing, we enjoy lots of company on the weekends and keepin' up with the girls during the week. Below are some pictures that give you a peek into some of our day-to-day activities. The girls are really good about creating activities that leave an aftermath for me to tend to. :) Bill is getting our playset up; the swings will be up soon. He put the tent up this afternoon and the girls just loved it.

I just got back from a Mom's Night Out with our Sunday School and a number of the ladies shared their home-based businesses or creative knick-knacks. So many of them are SO creative. Just incredible! Well, I guess if I was to start something like that, I would call it "UNcreative Memories". At our scrapbook meetings, we won't scrapbook, we'll just drink coffee and visit. I kind of missed out on those creative genes....thanks Mom.















I think these photos speak for themselves.


It takes a lot of time in the morning to get all fixed up.


One morning Bill was watching the girls and when I came back I found Anna Kate with sandals over her pajamas. He said she wanted them that way. She might be our next fashionista!



Joy made "beds" on the floor for her and Anna Kate. Notice the stool she made for her feet and the cardboard box these poor children have to sleep on. Lots of creativity, eh?


Joy striking a pose in her Awana vest. She goes to Awanas on Sunday nights. She's memorizing scripture like a champ!



Joy also loves art! Here she is showing off her talents with markers.
Joy's in a Mother's Day Out program at our church and seems to really enjoy it. They have the children lay down in the afternoon and she tell me she sleeps, but with her eyes open. :)
I've recently begun a new weightloss journey with First Place 4 Health. If you are interested, check out http://www.jrjohnston.wordpress.com/.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Count me in on the coffee and visit time!!!!! The girls are ADORABLE! ~Joy

Jodi LaFrance said...

This is awesome! I wonder if I have similar things to look forward to!

The Wests said...

Love the updates!!